Friday, January 9, 2009

Skullies!

Almost everything I own has a skull on it. Not a fad, been like this for eons. I remember being about 4 years old and doodling skulls on my books. Yeah, I was that kid.

Since making the skull appliqués on my hoodie, I wanted to make a new scarf too. I came up with this cute little thing!

It's two layers of black polar fleece with white fleece patches sandwiched between them. I just serged the edges instead of seaming and turning the scarf. Getting the skull outline on the fleece was trickier than I had imagined. Marking pens, transfer paper, all useless! I ended up tracing the design on tissue paper and stitching the lines. I tore off the paper and trimmed the interior spaces revealing the white fleece underneath. Then I satin stitched around the edges of the design. The skull is visable from both sides of the scarf. Cool! Skullie reverse appliqué!

It was cold when I made the scarf but it's been disgustingly hot ever since. Just my luck, huh?

2 comments:

  1. i love that! and i love that you blog also! i had no idea...wow so you have really been stuck out there EVER SINCE we last spoke? i mean you havent been to work at all??????
    damn i bet you are going nuts!!!

    i cant believe Mardi Gras is almost here either...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes child, EVER SINCE we last spoke! I'm going to be wearing a straight jacket in a rubber room pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete