Friday, February 13, 2009

Rockstars

Things around home and work have been busy. Today the first of the Mardi Gras parades roll down St. Charles Avenue. Fun, fun. And it’s apronFriday the 13th too.

I made this darling little apron last Monday. I’ve been telling myself for ages that I need some aprons to wear around the house, not because I’m messy, but because I need pockets! Most of the floppy dresses I like to wear at home have no pockets. But I can’t have an ordinary apron, that just wouldn’t be me.




glamgloves
I found some wild rubber gloves at Wal-Mart. I got the black ones with the zebra top. I can wear my black apron and goofy gloves and look like a twisted version of Dexter’s mother. Works for me.






Caitlin_guitar

My granddaughter Caitlin has amused me greatly this last week. They bought her a drum set when she was two and she took to it like a duck to water. Now she has a guitar. I showed pictures of her playing to a ton of people. I’m amused that only 2 people noticed immediately that she’s left- handed. One of them was my co-worker Mo, and the other was my friend Levi. Both of them play guitar themselves.



Caitlin drew the anarchy symbol on her sister Aleena’s face with a marker. She said it was because she wanted a tattoo. Her mother, my daughter, was not amused. I thought it was hilarious! I asked if she took a picture and she said “Uh NO!” Ah c’mon! That’s a scrapbook page Nanna would love to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment