Monday, February 2, 2009

Goodies in the Mail

Yay! The darling little journal Ricë sent me came in the mail today! And it came wrapped in lime green paper! I’ll have a giant smile on my face all day now! I had to open it immediately and let all my senses have their turns. I love the texture of the paper, I don’t know yet how it will work with my favorite pens but I think it’s going to work well with the watercolor pencils I love to use. Thank you Ricë!! Thank you, thank you!!!!

When I walked down to the mailbox, two Hispanic men were loading junk out of the crappy little house on the corner on a truck. Since the woman who had lived there was Hispanic, I wasn’t sure if they were sent by her or if the landlord had hired them to clean the place out. That crappy little house and the people the landlord rents to is a whole other rant. Anyway, I saw some chairs sitting near the truck that struck my fancy so I asked them who they were working for. They just stared at me. I kept talking. They kept staring. Finally one of them asked, “Are you Honduran?” No, I’m French. But I’ve been to Honduras. Once they got over the initial shock of the pasty white woman with unruly dreadlocks speaking fluent Spanish, they allowed me to inspect the stuff headed for the dump. On closer inspection, the chairs weren’t worth dragging home. Oh well. C’est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment