Sunday, March 1, 2009

Back to Normal

Mardi Gras is over. I survived another one. There was a prize at the end of the torment – I’m back on days only now. That makes me very, very happy. It took me a few days to rest up and adjust to the new schedule. All better now and looking forward to “normal” life.

Mardi_gras_09_BeadTree I took this picture of a tree draped with beads but the sky had clouded up and it didn’t turn out that great. I wanted to retake the picture the next day when it would be sunnier. While working the next day, I glanced out toward the tree. Horror! Workers were removing all the beads from the tree! Oh well. C’est la vie.

Hardly any of my pictures turned out like I’d like but what the heck, you can’t expect Ansel Adams results when you’re using a Blackjack cell phone instead of a real camera. I didn’t get much opportunity to run out to the street like I did last year.

Mardi_gras_09_KingArthur




King Arthur. Pretty cool float. I have no idea what their theme was this year.




Mardi_gras_09_Jester

The Jester from Rex.





Mardi_gras_09_Confetti



Confetti and bubbles from Bacchus.




Mardi_gras_09_Bacchus




Bacchus.





It wasn’t a totally horrible Mardi Gras this year. The shootings certainly soured the city. No one peed in the cooler this year, so that’s a good thing. I did manage to catch some bling for the granddaughters. And I got them some silly hats for cheap by means of haggling with the Pikeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment